With over 11,000 reference works, the mudac library offers a specialised collection in the field of contemporary design and applied arts.
A specialised collection
The collection covers, in particular, graphic design and visual communication, glass art, ceramics, jewellery, as well as the fields of contemporary art, photography, architecture, urban planning and landscape. The selection of books includes:
- Monographs and catalogues by artists, visual artists and designers
- Catalogues of museums and exhibitions of art and design
- Catalogues of federal art and design competitions and prizes
- Theoretical and critical studies on art and design
- Reference works on the history of design
- Directories and specialist directories
- Cultural journals and art and design magazines
A shared library
In June 2022 the library of mudac and of Photo Elysée will be open to the public. It will offer an unparalleled reference resource in the fields of photography, design and creation as a whole, with a common catalogue. Physical and digital collections will be available for consultation on site. An area will be reserved for the presentation of small documentary, thematic or monographic exhibitions.